Respect Is Not Given, It Is Earned

"Blood, sweat and respect. First two you give. Last one you earn."- Dwayne Johnson 

So many people think they aren't where they want to be, because they don't have the talent to do so.

I'm going to be honest, it takes about 10% talent to achieve something great, the other 90% is based on how much heart you have.

How much you are willing to work when no one else is watching. Putting all you have into your ambitions, and never cashing out early. This is what separates you from the rest.

Blood, sweat, and respect. The blood and sweat you give, while the respect is something you earn day in and day out. You can be born with a talent, but no one is born respected.

In this lifetime, you have to earn everything you get, no one is ever going to just hand it to you. One person that embodies this concept is Tom Brady.

The 199th overall pick for the New England Patriots, he was the fourth-string Quarterback, and at the time no one was even giving him a second glance. 

When he got drafted he went up to the owner of the team, Robert Kraft, and said "I'm the best decision this organization has ever made." While most would find this to be laughable coming from the 199th pick, for Tom Brady it was the destiny he had already pre-determined for himself.

Through pure hard work, determination blood, sweat, and tears, Brady has gone on to become a 5X Super Bowl Champion, and arguably the greatest Quarterback of all-time. 

There are many people who don't like Tom Brady outside of New England, and the only logical reasoning behind this is because of his dominance over the last 17 years. He has led a dynasty unlike any ever seen before, and is truly the definition of a winner.

While many don't like him, almost everyone respects him, and how can you not? He gives it everything he has on the field from the first snap to the last. A lot of players let their talent take control on the field, and that is why they fail. For Tom he lets his heart take the lead, and once this happens nothing can stop him.

We all are born with the capability to sweat and bleed, but not all of us have the chance to be universally respected. It is up to you to earn the life you want to live.

So all I can say is stop letting yourself make excuses, and go earn it!


Want me to speak to your company or at your next event? Contact my team here.

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published